Thank you for your interest in Lincoln Community School (LCS).
We are proud of the reputation our school has gained since it began in 1968 and pleased that you are thinking about becoming part of our learning community.
We are available to answer your questions to help expedite the admissions process.
- Admissions Office
Once your child is admitted to LCS, you will receive further information about how we will use data that you shared with us and we will seek the necessary consent from you in processing the data further. The data you share with the school will form part of your contractual agreement with the school. You have our assurance that once your child is admitted to LCS, data will be securely stored in our internal and external school management systems. Physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to help secure our internal systems and your personal information and to assist us in preventing unauthorized access, use, disclosure, loss, alteration and/or destruction of that information are in place at LCS.
STEP 1- Starting to Apply Online
**With the submission of an admissions application form to LCS, you agree to allow LCS to use the personal data you provided through the LCS student admissions system.
- Click on Inquiry to create an account. Once you have done this, you will receive an email from the Admissions Office confirming your username and password.
- Return to your account at anytime to complete the online application (ensure you have selected the appropriate school year of application).
- Reports cards from the previous three years (must be translated into English).
- Official Transcripts (high school students only). Please request the current high school of your student(s) to send official sealed transcripts (hard copies) to the LCS admissions office. In addition, you (the parent) should upload soft copies of the official transcripts to OpenApply.
- Birth Certificate and/or Passport page of student
- Current passport size picture of student with a plain background (JPEG format ONLY)
- Standardized test scores or two recommendation forms from the student's Math & English Teachers (applicable for only Grade 6 to 12 students)
- Applicants applying to Middle School (Grades 6 - 8) and High School (Grades 9 - 10) will take a foreign language assessment to determine their placement in French or Spanish. (This can be done at the child's current school or when s/he arrives at LCS.)
- Other assessments/evaluations/documentation (Psycho-educational evaluation, IEPs, etc...) if applicable.
Additional information you will be asked to provide in the application process:
- Online application fee of $200.00 required at the time of submission. Payment can be made with either a debit or credit card.
- The Confidential School Report will be sent through Open Apply to the appropriate individual(s) at your child's current school. Please have their email contacts ready to enter when you get to that point during the online process.
Once you submit the Online Application, you will receive a confirmation of receipt from Admissions Office. You will have the option to print or save the completed application for your records.
The Admissions Office must have a fully completed application, including payment of application fee, before starting to evaluate your child's file for admission. Once the complete application is submitted, you will be able to check the status of your child's or student's admission status.
STEP 2 - Admission Decision
As general practice, admission decisions are completed after the applicant has submitted a completed online application. Once reviewed, the final admission decision will be conveyed to the parents by the Admissions Office.
STEP 3 - Enrollment
Once an admission letter and invoice has been received, you will have ten working days to pay the one time, non-refundable registration fee of USD $6500 to ensure your child’s place at LCS. If the fee is not received within the ten day period, your child will not be considered as enrolled.
POLICY AND GENERAL NOTES
- Applications for the upcoming academic year may be submitted at any time during the current school year.
- In most cases, admission decisions will be made on a rolling basis, with notifications being sent within two weeks of application submission. However, in grade levels that are close to capacity, decisions will be made after April 1st.
- All completed applications submitted after April 1st will be reviewed on a rolling basis according to priority guidelines established by the Board of Trustees.
In the event of capacity enrollment at a grade level, the Admissions Office maintains a wait list. If spaces are limited in a particular grade, applicants who have met all admission requirements will be admitted according to the following priorities, outlined in board policy:
- Children of U.S. Embassy families
- Children of LCS expatriate teachers
- Children with siblings already enrolled
- Children with a parent or parents of citizenship other than that of the host country; children whose education has primarily been outside of Ghana irrespective of nationality of the parents.
- All other children, as space permits, according to date of completed application.
The Admissions Office conducts orientation programs for new families at the beginning of each new school year and at the beginning of the second semester. Students who are admitted once the school year has already started receive a customized orientation from the Admissions Office.
Admission and Student Needs
Admissions is open to all students who, in the school's opinion, will benefit from a challenging, international, English-language education which prepares them for higher education and a life of challenge, change and purpose. LCS therefore, admits students whose academic, personal, social and emotional needs can be met the school's programs and services, and who can be integrated into a mainstream classroom.
The application process requires all documents listed to be uploaded prior to review. Please click here to begin the application process.