Thank you for your interest in Lincoln Community School (LCS).
We are proud of the reputation our school has gained since it began in 1968 and pleased that you are thinking about becoming part of our learning community.
While we know that applying to enroll in a new school can be time-consuming, and sometimes anxiety-producing process, we want you to know that we are always available to answer your questions and in so doing, to help expedite the admission process.
We hope we will be able to welcome you into our international school community in the near future.
- The LCS Office of Admission
STEP 1- Starting to Apply Online
- Click on Enquiry to create an account. Once you have done this, you will receive an email from the Admission Office confirming your username and password.
- Return to your account at anytime to complete the online Application (ensure you have selected the appropriate school year of application).
- Three Year Reports Cards (must be translated into English). Students applying into grade 10 to 12 must also upload their transcripts.
- Birth Certificate and/or Passport page of student
- Current passport size picture of student with a plain background (JPEG format ONLY)
- Standardized test scores or Two recommendation forms from the students Maths & English Teacher (Applicable to only Grade 6 to 12 students)
- Other assessments/Evaluations (Psycho Ed, IEPs, MAP tests, etc...) - if applicable
Additional informational you will be asked to provide in the application process:
- Online application fee of $200.00 which is required at the time of submission.
Payment can be made with either a debit or credit card inside your Apply Now account.
- Confidential School Report must be sent to your child's current school. Please have an email contact ready for the school when you get to that point during the online process.
Once you submit the Online Application, you will receive a confirmation of receipt from Admission Office. You will also have the option to print or save onto your computer the complete application for your records.
The Admission Office will only accept a fully completed application package before it can start the admission process.
All application documents required, including payment of application fee, must be submitted with the online application before your application can be received for processing. Once the complete application is submitted, you will be able to check the status of your child's or student's admission status.
STEP 2- Entrance Assessments
Entrance assessment for an applicant may only be required as per the discretion of the admission committee.
If you are applying from overseas and will not take your assessment online, your are required to schedule a date or time for the testing prior to your arrival in Ghana with the Admission office. Please note that results of screening/interviews/testing may take up to 48 hours (two working days). Results, along with the educational history of the student (ie fully completed application) are reviewed by the Admission committee, an acceptance letter offered, and business office confirms payment before a new student will be cleared to start school.
STEP 3 - Admission Decision
As general practice, admission decisions are completed after the applicant has submitted a completed online application and taken the appropriate assessments (if applicable) as needed. Once reviewed, the final admission decision will be conveyed to the parents by the Admission Office.
STEP 4 - Enrollment
Once an admission letter and invoice has been received, you will have ten working days to pay the one time, non-refundable registration fee of USD $6500 to ensure your child’s place at LCS. If the fee is not received within the ten day period, your child will not be considered as enrolled.
POLICY AND GENERAL NOTES
- Applications for the new academic year may be submitted after January 1st (e.g. 2018-19 year can only be submitted starting January 2018).
- Early decisions will be made on completed and submitted applications received by March 1st.
- All other completed applications submitted after March 1st will be reviewed on a rolling basis according to priority guidelines established by board of trustees
- Decisions on applications received after the close of the school year may be delayed for up to a month. The latest time for decisions is the first week in August.
Note: Spaces are allocated based on availability. In the event there are limited or no spaces, the wait list policy referred in the next paragraph is applied.
In the event of capacity enrollment at a grade level or in a program, the Admission Office maintains a wait list. Applicants on the wait list will be considered for admission as openings become available. Applicants on a wait list are governed by Board policy and priority lists. If and when space is available in a class or program, the parents will be advised immediately and asked to confirm that they still wish their child to enter LCS. Parents confirming their continued interest in having their child attend LCS will be required to pay registration fee and tuition fees immediately to secure the spot for their child.
The Admission Office conducts orientation programs for new families at the beginning of each new school year and also at the beginning of the second semester. Students who are admitted once the school year has already started receive a customized orientation from the admissions office.
The application process requires all documents listed to be uploaded prior to review. Please click here to begin the application process.